When connecting a Canon printer to your computer, the system typically does not need to install a driver installed. However, if it is an older system (such as the original Windows XP operating system and earlier), the computer may still require the driver installed before detecting the connected printer. If the CD is no longer available, it is possible to install the Canon printer driver from another source.
If the CD is no longer available, you must need the Cannon Printer driver from another source. Find the exact needy driver and the instructions to install the canon printer driver is given below:
How to install a printer without using the device CD?
- Open your favorite browser on the computer and navigate to “Canon.com”.
- Select “Support” from the left side of the website, then click the current location.
- Go to Consumer and Home Office>>Product Family>>Printers & Multifunction. Select product from Product series and printer model from “Drivers & Software” module.
- The select your running OS and then select download link from to download the driver directly to a computer.
- Double-click the downloaded file, and then follow the installation prompts to setup the driver on the system.
- Once completed, the Canon printer is ready for use on your computer.