As hardware’s will never work without connecting them, software needs installation. In the event that you have lost the CD for your printer, you can download the drivers for your printer and utilize the drivers to introduce your printer. Otherwise, you have to search for printer drivers manually to let your printers run.
You can connect the printer to the computer either using a USB cable, parallel port cable, or SCSI cable and then connect the power plug to a power outlet. Today, most all home computer printers are using a USB cable similar to the example picture.
Setup Printer and Install Software
Every printer should come with the software used to install a printer in Windows or your operating system.
- After everything has been plugged in turn the computer on.
- Download the drivers, run the setup file or Insert the CD came with the same printer. If the CD does not automatically start, open My Computer, double-click on the CD drive, and then click the Setup or Install file.
- Follow the installation wizard and once completed, your software is installed.
- Test the printer to make sure it is working.
- If not, repeat the process.